Audley End House and Gardens
"Explore this decadent Jacobean mansion house and meet the staff in the Victorian Service Wing. Enjoy stunning views across the unspoilt Essex countryside and wander the tranquil gardens created by 'Capability' Brown, gold winner of Anglia in Bloom Awards 2017. Then gallop across to see the horses in the Victorian stable yard, and run, jump and climb in the children's play area."
Audley End Rd Audley End Saffron Walden Essex East of England CB11 4JF United Kingdom
- Set down allowed at house for those with limited mobility. Please call to book in advance. There are a few seats and rest points dotted around the grounds.
- Wheelchairs are available to loan. Unable to access the first floor in the house without negotiating stairs. Level access to toilets and shop. Restaurants have ramped access to tearooms. Please book in advance for mobility scooter or wheelchair loan. Ground floor is level. Several bridges either have a step or steep slope. Three steps to self-service café in the Servant's Hall. Access to house via loose gravel, tarmac, cobbles and smooth grass. Some gentle undulation. Gardens accessed via tarmac and gravel paths and very smooth grass. Grass and stone walkways may be slippery when wet. Flat landscaped area, although there is a 'ha-ha' surrounding house. A number of bridges either have a step or steep slope.
- There are 5 disabled parking bays in car park.
- There are accessible toilets at the venue.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the venue.
- Sensory Experiences:Fountain, wildfowl and bird song in grounds; kitchen, flower and rose gardens. Items in the historic kitchen are available to look at and touch. There is also a children's dressing up box at the stables. Virtual tour of the house available in the visitor centre. Tactile objects available in the historic kitchen.
- BSL tours are available.