Crich Tramway Village
"Crich Tramway Village is the home of the National Tramway Museum, situated in the heart of Derbyshire, providing a trip back to a bygone age. Vintage trams transport you along the traditional village street into open countryside with breathtaking views of the Derwent Valley." Your admission includes tram rides, entry to the exhibitions of the world class collection, three acres of woodland park with picnic areas and the enchanting woodland walk and sculpture trail. An access tram runs twice a day (at 11.30am and 2.30pm) if requested on arrival at Admissions. This can take wheelchair users. Wheelchairs can be hired for a deposit of £10.00. There are smoothways indicated on the village map, which is given to visitors on arrival.
Cromford Road Crich Matlock Derbyshire East Midlands DE4 5DP United Kingdom
Access Card notes
Access Card Holders can take advantage of special rates.
- Chairs can be provided on request. Please call us Monday - Friday between 09.30am and 4.30pm. to request this. Tel. 01773 854321
- There is a slope from the Admissions building to the street level. A smooth way for wheelchairs, buggies and scooters is indicated on the village map. An Access Tram will run at 11:30am and 2:30pm if requested on arrival at Admissions. This can take wheelchairs or people with walking difficulties and access is via a hydraulic lift operated by tram crew. All facilities have either lift or ramp access.
- The walk from Admissions to the Tram terminus is around a 5 minute walk. However, you can request drop off nearer the terminus at Admissions (subject to there being no events on the day).
- Accessible toilets are available at the Red Lion pub and at Town End (near the tram terminus)
- We have a water bowl outside the Red Lion pub. There is a woodland walk they can take for toileting, but we ask the owner/ carer to clean up after the dog.
- One carer per Access Card holder admitted free of charge.
- We have illuminated magnifying glasses at Admissions.
- We do not have alternative formats available There is a hearing loop available at Admissions.
- An Access Statement can be found on our website: https://www.tramway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Access-Information-for-Visitors.pdf