Great British Food Festival, Hardwick Hall
"The perfect recipe for a fun, foodie, family day out! Why do so many of our visitors return every year? Perhaps it is for the fantastic food and drink… delectable delights and tasty treats from our wonderful street food vendors and amazing artisan producers. To polish up their culinary skills with our free Chef Demos. To muck in with the Bake-Off stars on our free, interactive Bake Stage. Maybe our visitors return for our cocktail of niche bars, with their tempting tipples. Perhaps it's for the memorable moments, soaking up the atmosphere, chilling to some fabulous live music, sampling the Cake-Off creations (or a cake for free entry), being entertained by the crazy Men v Food warriors, all the while enjoying the stunning surroundings of a beautiful stately home. Oh and yes, we do make sure their children are blissfully amused and the dog happy too! Come along, take a big bite of the action and see if you agree!! Maybe you'll become a GBFF regular too."
Hardwick Old Hall Doe Lea Chesterfield East Midlands S44 5QJ United Kingdom
Access Card notes
Access Card Holders with '+1' will be entitled to a free companion ticket.
- We welcome wheelchair users / families with prams and we do all we can to ensure comfort and safety for wheelchair/pram users. Please note that for most of our events this is on fields, so in bad weather things can get a bit muddy. Disabled drop-offs can be arranged, please contact us in advance or speak to a member of our team on the day. Each event is set on a field, usually near the house/hall. We have a small number of manual wheelchairs for use in the hall and garden. They can be collected from the Visitor Centre on arrival. We have several all-terrain wheelchairs available to hire free of charge for use around Hardwick. Please talk to a member of the team at the Visitor Centre on arrival.
- We have designated disabled parking as close to the event site as possible. Our buggy service runs from the Visitor Centre to the hall and gardens, throughout the day.
- There accessible toilets in the Stableyard.
- Dogs are very welcome as long as they are on a lead. Dogs are not allowed into the food marquees or inside some of the buildings. This is for hygiene and safety reasons.
- Access Card Holders with '+1' will be entitled to a free companion ticket.
- There is a sensory experience in the Herb Garden.