"With over 2,500 animals across 80 acres – you're in for a really wild time at Paignton Zoo. Located in Devon, Paignton Zoo is one of the South West's most exciting visitor attractions. It's a place to roam, discover and get in touch with your inner animal. Get up close to some of the animal wonders of the world across our specially designed habitats - from the savannah to the wetlands and the tropical forest. We're also a registered charity and part of a worldwide network of zoos which cares for and breeds rare species thanks to guests who help to fund our conservation work. Come rain or shine, Paignton Zoo is a fun filled day out for all the family, and you'll need all day to see it all!"
Totnes Road Paignton Devon South West TQ4 7EU United Kingdom
- The Zoo is based in an 80 acre natural environmental park and is considered reasonably wheelchair and pushchair friendly. Gradients are less than one in twelve however some appear fairly steep, therefore not all paths are easy to manage independently in a manual wheelchair. Wheelchair access is available to the Island Restaurant, shops and all exhibits. Path surfaces are either tarmac or crushed and rolled stone and there is plenty of seating around the site.
- We have 29 parking spaces within the free car park dedicated to visitors with a disabled parking permit. 21 of these are on the first level with a gentle slope to the Visitor Entrance and 8 on the second level with a one in twelve gradient zig-zag path to the entrance. Those who prefer may use the drop-off and pick-up point at the main entrance.
- There are accessible toilets on site.
- We offer reduced admission rates for visitors with disabilities. We also offer free entry for the accompanying carer or helper if required. Please inform front of house staff on arrival and they will ask you to provide one form of ID either: Disability living allowance letter Blue badge P.I.P award documentation
- At present our literature is only available as standard printed leaflets. If you would like an A3 photocopied version please ask any member of staff or telephone 01803 697500.
- We can provide an unforgettable experience for special needs groups. The Education Centre, which is conveniently situated in the centre of the Zoo, has three well-equipped classrooms and experienced teaching staff who can liaise with group leaders to arrange suitable input for your visit. Please telephone 01803 697500 for further details. The Island Restaurant offers an extensive and varied choice of food. If you have special dietary needs we would be delighted to try and meet them. Please telephone the Zoo on 01803 697500 prior to your visit to discuss your requirements.