Solihull Core Theatre
"A multi-purpose arts venue in the heart of Solihull town centre. The Core Theatre comprises a 336 seat raked theatre fully equipped technically with stage flying system, sound and lighting. A smaller multi-use Studio seating up to 130 is equipped for small scale theatrical presentations, music events, workshops, walk-in conferences and day sales etc. The Courtyard Gallery and Art Space is an exhibition space as well as an area for creative activities, which is also available for hire. Contact us to hire any of the spaces. The busy venue hosts a varied mix of professional and amateur events including music, drama, comedy and dance. Most areas are available to hire and successful events are held almost every night ranging from local drama groups to national commercial promoters who find The Core Theatre a thriving, successful venue with loyal and supportive audiences."
Theatre Square Touchwood Homer Road Solihull West Midlands B91 3RG United Kingdom
Access Card notes
Access Card Accepted as proof of Access Requirements
- Front row seats are at ground level and are reserved for those with mobility or access needs until the rest of the auditorium is approaching sell-out. Please call Box Office with your ticket requirements and make known any concerns or needs you may have at the point of booking. Staff will advise and assist you to obtain the best possible seating to ensure your visit is both accessible and enjoyable. The Studio is a multi-use performance area located on the ground floor just off the foyer and ENCORE eatery. Access is flat with double-width entry doors. The Courtyard gallery is fully ground floor and accessible from the main CORE foyer area. The theatre is fully equipped with three wheelchair lifts allowing access onto the stage and backstage and spacious toilet/shower facilities in ground floor dressing rooms. Please contact Operations Manager on 0121 704 6754 if you have any queries regarding taking part in a stage performance.
- Approaching by car, aim for the Touchwood car park immediately adjacent to the venue on Homer Road. Once inside follow signs for The Core (or Solihull Arts Complex) into the Orange zone. There are marked extra width spaces near lift & escalators up to ground floor of Touchwood. Also in this area you will find the Shopmobility counter (Tel: 0121 709 6980). Motorised scooters/wheelchairs can be made available for use to reach the venue by arrangement. For those arriving by taxi or being given a lift Touchwood no longer operates a '15 minutes grace' period so that your driver can drop you near the lift and then exit immediately without charge. We recommend your nearest free drop-off point is at Manor Walk, near the Council house (opp. St Alphege Church) - see below. Touchwood operates a helpline number (0121 709 6900) for daytime enquiries. Once cars have entered Touchwood they will be required to pay the minimum fee in order to exit. There is an evening flat rate of £1.50 but you must arrive after 6pm to quality. For those arriving by large minibus or coach, the nearest drop-off point is in Manor Square adjacent to the Council House, approach via New Road. From Manor Square, cross Touchwood towards the Theatre Square exit. This approach is indoor and all on one level. Alternatively, coaches can briefly drop-off at the rear of the building in Homer Road, however this involves a short uphill walk up the side of the building into Theatre square. If you still have access difficulties please contact Operations Manager on 0121 704 6754 to discuss.
- There are wheelchair accessible toilet facilities on ground floor (Left of ENCORE cafe bar) and first floor (near OVATIONS bar area). Both toilets contain well designed modern facilities. There are baby changing facilities on the ground floor and also in the Children's Library. Within the building there is a new 'Changing Places' facility for those who need it, located on the ground floor, please see signage in the main foyer.
- Trained dogs are very welcome to accompany visitors to the venue. When booking tickets please discuss your intention to bring a dog and request a front seat for the space and comfort of your dog. If required, water can be made available for your dog - please make a request to a Volunteer Steward, Duty Manager or ENCORE Bar Staff who will be happy to oblige. If you wish to attend a drama production with a trained hearing dog, please seek advice regarding content of the show i.e. doorbells, telephones or other 'trigger' sounds which may influence your dogs behaviour. Box Office staff will make enquiries on your behalf to the performers concerned.
- A taped version of the brochure script can be sent you upon request. Please contact Box Office or email: email@example.com In addition, a black and white large A3 sized version of the brochure can be provided upon request to above.
- There is a hearing loop in operation in the Theatre. Hearing aids should be switched to the 't' position. There is also a hearing loop in the Box Office.
- When a performance contains strobe lighting signs will be displayed near both entrance doors. If you have any concerns about the timing and duration of the strobing please speak to either a volunteer ticket steward or Duty Manager who will obtain accurate details on your behalf. Upon arrival, if you feel unable to attend on the grounds of the information provided, we will happily refund the cost of your ticket, prior to the commencement of the show so please don't take your seat if you have any concerns or issues that we have been unable to assist with. Please consult the Duty Manager with any concerns.