Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
"Established as a registered charity in 2001, the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary is based at Stonham Aspal in Suffolk, where it operates a comprehensive facility for the care & rehabilitation of owls from the region, and the promotion of owl conservation throughout the UK and beyond."
Access Card notes
Access Card Accepted as proof of Access Requirements. Carers go Free!
- There is plenty of seating around the site for those who may struggle to stand for long periods of time or have trouble with distances.
- There are walking frames and wheelchair available for visitors' use. We also have Wheelchair accessible picnic tables. There is a Tarmac ramp up to meerkat enclosure and low walls to facilitate ease of meerkat viewing from wheelchairs. The play area is custom built with a double width slide for accompanied children, wheelchair accessible roundabout, oversized swing and wheelchair height speaking tubes.
- Parking for disabled visitors at the door. We have level tarmac paths throughout the centre to allow for easy navigation. Walk of approx. 100 metres from reception to meerkat enclosure (furthest point of site).
- Toilets for disabled visitors approx. 50 metres away from centre.
- As a precautionary measure to preserve the safety of both the birds and visiting canines, we regret that dogs are not allowed in the centre - this includes guide or assistance dogs. We do offer partially shaded and secure kennels with access in full view of our reception staff for the use of visitors' dogs, free of charge.
- Essential companions welcome free of charge!
- Braille overlays on some information boards. Please ask staff for further details.
- BSL interpreter in residence on selected dates throughout the year (next event 1st. September 2019) who offers interpretations for flying displays and meerkat feeding talks plus signing support throughout the day. N.B. BSL interpreted events are free of charge to deaf visitors and their carers/support staff and tickets can be obtained in advance for ease of access - please phone the sanctuary to book.