The British Library
"We are the national library of the United Kingdom and give access to the world's most comprehensive research collection. We provide information services to academic, business, research and scientific communities. Our collection of over 170 million items includes artefacts from every age of written civilisation. We keep the nation's archive of printed and digital publications, adding around three million new items to our collection every year."
- Seating is available in the exhibitions. There are folding stools in PACCAR and the Treasure Gallery.
- There is wheelchair access in the exhibition gallery with step ramps, lifts and escalators. Most events are held in the library's Knowledge Centre, which has a lift. There are step-free routes into the Library Room from Euston Road, Midland Road and Ossulston Street. There are 9 wheelchairs available to hire and must be booked at least 24 hours prior to your visit. There is lift access to all floors. There is full wheelchair access in the Reading Rooms. For more information, please visit: https://www.bl.uk/visit/accessibility
- There are 7 accessible parking spaces available next to the Ossulston Street entrance, which is approximately 100m from the main entrance.
- There are accessible toilets on all floors of the library.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome in the building.
- There are concessions for disabled visitors for ticketed exhibitions with free companion tickets for carers.
- Large print guides are available at the information desk and in the galleries. Text-to-Speech software is available to use in the Reading Rooms.
- Some behind-the-scenes Conservation Studio Tours will be assisted by a sign language interpreter. Hearing induction loops are fitted at all library information and enquiry desks. There are facilities and equipment in the Reading Rooms for people who have a hearing impairment.
- The Learning team engages learners of all ages with the British Library's collection through a creative and inclusive programme delivered onsite, online and regionally. In the event of an emergency, security staff will assist with evacuation via a fireman's lift or Evacuchair. Reading Room booths are available and must be booked in advance. For more information, please visit: https://www.bl.uk/visit/accessibility