The Falkirk Wheel
"The world's only rotating boat lift, The Falkirk Wheel links the Forth & Clyde Canal to the Union Canal 35 metres above, allowing vessels to sail through the sky thanks to a unique fusion of art and engineering."
Lime Road Tamfourhill Falkirk Scotland FK1 4RS United Kingdom
Access Card notes
"We offer a free carer place for those who require it, when purchasing a full-price adult/child ticket."
- We can get very busy in certain seasons. Any visitors who have difficulty standing or queuing should speak to the Welcome Host, or a member of staff in the Retail area who will aim to provide seating or offer fast-track admission, where possible. Seating is available right around the site.
- Facilities on-site can be used with ease, and a wheelchair or mobility scooter can also be taken onboard the boat trip (please mention this when booking so we can reduce capacity slightly on-board to allow for a chair). We also offer the use of wheelchairs on-site if visitors wish to borrow one free of charge, please just ask at the Reception desk and we will arrange this for you.
- Distances are reasonably short across the different areas, with seating offered should our guests need a break.
- Our toilets are bright, easily accessible with clear directions; our accessible toilet clearly reminding others that not all disabilities are visible.
- Dogs are allowed on-site but should be kept on leads, and we have water bowls for dogs at various points around the site, and grassy areas right around for their use! We also allow dogs inside the visitors centre and on our boat tours.
- Visitors with disabilities may be accompanied on the tours by one carer free of charge when they pay full adult / child price.
- Disabled parking is available directly outside the Visitor Centre, with parking being completely free for Blue Badge holders, please speak to a member of staff to validate your ticket.