The Royal Yacht Britannia
"Experience Scotland's Best Visitor Attraction. Follow in the footsteps of Royalty and explore this floating Royal residence with a fascinating audio tour of five decks (available in 30 different languages). Also available in BSL Tablet and Braille Script. The Royal Yacht Britannia played host to some of the world's most famous people, but above all was home for the British Royal Family for over 40 years. Now berthed in Leith, Edinburgh, you can discover the heart and soul of this most special of Royal residences. You can also enjoy stunning waterfront views in the Royal Deck Tea Room."
2nd Floor Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre Leith Edinburgh Scotland EH6 6JJ United Kingdom
Access Card notes
The tour is fully accessible for wheelchair users with lifts and ramps throughout. Britannia is classed as Category 1, the highest level for wheelchair access without assistance, by VisitScotland. In order to enjoy the whole tour, wheelchairs should be no wider than 670mm. We have an audio handset tour in English and a printed version. For those with learning difficulties we have an audio handset tour in English. Both hearing dogs and guide dogs are welcomed. Find out more about visiting The Royal Yacht Britannia on the Britannia website.
This venue has been highlighted by feedback from a current Access Card Holder who used their card to gain access or a discount. Information provided in this listing comes from the card holder and also is sourced directly from the venues publicly available information. This is not a guarantee of any set service or policy this organisation might have.
- It is possible to purchase your admission tickets in advance. A bench is located within the shopping mall outside the Visitor Centre where it would be possible to sit should any of the group wish to purchase tickets on the day of your visit. Throughout the tour route there is seating which we encourage our visitors to use.
- The tour is fully accessible for wheelchair users with lifts and ramps throughout*. Britannia is classed as Category 1, the highest level for wheelchair access without assistance, by VisitScotland. In order to enjoy the whole tour, wheelchairs should be no wider than 670mm. There is free parking in Ocean Terminal. The nearest dedicated parking for wheelchair users to our Visitor Centre is in the blue car park on level E. When entering Ocean Terminal's car park lift, select level E for our Visitor Centre.
- Along the tour route there is seating which our visitors are welcome to use. Additionally, should visitors struggle with walking the length of the decks, we have wheelchairs available to borrow. The wheelchairs can be borrowed from our ticket desk at our Visitor Centre.
- Toilets are situated on four of the decks as well as in our Visitor Centre in Ocean Terminal.
- We welcome guide dogs, hearing dogs and other recognised assistance dogs and ask for an ID Badge to be shown. Water bowls are located in the Visitor Centre, and outside by the Royal Barge. Should your dog require the toilet, please ask a member of our team who will be happy to escort you to our onboard facilities.
- Carers receive free admission from our ticket desk on the second floor of Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre.
- Our tour is offered through an audio guide, available in 30 languages. In English we offer an adult's, a children's and a basic English version of the audio guide. Straps and headphones are available for the audio handsets. We also offer our tour script in braille.
- Printed versions of our tour script are available as well as British Sign Language tablets.
- *Please note: the Britannia tour is not suitable for Shopmobility electric wheelchairs, and the Royal Deck Tea Room is only accessible to wheelchairs no wider than 670mm, as it can only be accessed via the original on board lift.