Thermae Bath Spa
"Thermae Bath Spa is a combination of the historic spa and a contemporary building in the city of Bath, England, and reopened in 2006."
The Hetling Pump Room Hot Bath St Bath South West BA1 1SJ United Kingdom
Access Card notes
Find out more about Thermae Bath Spa's accessible facilities here: https://www.thermaebathspa.com/resources/files/ACCESS%20STATEMENT%20FOR%20THERMAE%20BATH%20SPA%20Iss%202.1%20Apr%202021.pdf
This venue has been highlighted by feedback from a current Access Card Holder who used their card to gain access or a discount. Information provided in this listing comes from the card holder and also is sourced directly from the venues publicly available information. This is not a guarantee of any set service or policy this organisation might have.
- If you require assistance or cannot stand to queue please feel welcome to contact us in advance or tell our staff on arrival.
- There are lifts to every floor except to the Hot Bath (treatment) area where there is a sloping corridor (access via lower ground) and there are two steps to the No. 8 Shop. For more information, please visit our website. All the pools are fitted with assisted pool access chairs or hoists and our pool attendants are fully trained in the operation of the chairs and hoists. No guarantee can be given that electric wheelchairs can be stored during the visit due to the limited space and passageways / fire exits are required to be kept clear at all times. Mobility scooters are not permitted in the Spa but there is a covered area outside the Main Reception, where they can be left at owner's risk. Electric wheelchairs are not permitted at poolside or in the Wellness Suite. There are 'poolside' wheelchairs for guests to gain access to the facilities. These are for 'general use' and not allocated to a given guest. Staff are not available to push guests around the Spa. Mobility scooters are not permitted in the Cross Bath. There is a covered area outside the entrance, where they can be left at owner's risk. For more information, please visit our website.
- Please check with Bath & North East Somerset Council: http://www.bathnes.gov.uk/services/parking-and-travel for parking information.
- The main complex has accessible unisex toilets on the lower ground floor, first floor and second floor. They are all accessible via a lift and a level stone floor. They can also be reached via the main staircase. On the lower ground floor, the accessible unisex shower and WC both have doors which open outwards. The doors are 91cms (36ins) wide. Within the main spa complex (upper ground level), there is an accessible unisex changing room (enter/exit both sides, doors are 86cms or 34ins wide and inner space width is 2.34m or 92ins) with space to change for up to three people and a wheelchair. There is a wide bench 61cms (24ins) which is 54cms (21ins) high. From the bench to the opposite wall the changing room is 1.47m (58ins). There are no hoists or adult changing tables in any of the changing cubicles.
- We welcome guests with service dogs and advise that advance notice be given if possible. The dogs are not permitted to go poolside or in the Wellness Suite, however we provide a designated area where they can stay, and a bowl of water.
- Staff are not person manual handling trained. If a guest requires assistance during treatment to manoeuvre then it is recommended a carer comes with the guest.
- Thermae Bath Spa's access statement is available on our website, at our reception, via email or by post and on request, in large print format.
- If you are pregnant, have a known allergy, or suffer from a medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or have had cancer within the last 5 years, please consult your doctor. Following this advice, please notify us of any condition of which we should be aware, prior to completing your booking or if your medical condition subsequently changes after your booking has been made. We reserve the right to request and view a doctor's letter prior to entering the Spa or providing a treatment on medical grounds or ask that you sign a disclaimer. There are First Aiders on site but no doctors or medically trained staff. We are happy to arrange an escorted familiarisation tour prior to your visit. Where possible we would do this before we open in the morning. Please contact us to make an appointment, tel: 01225 331234.