Wroxeter Roman City
"The historic places in our care span six millennia and include palaces, houses, hill figures, castles, abbeys, industrial sites, Roman forts and even deserted medieval villages. Caring for these places and their collections for the benefit of this and future generations is a cornerstone of everything we do..."
Wroxeter Shropshire West Midlands SY5 6PH (Sat nav postcode: SY5 6PJ) United Kingdom
- Benches are located at intervals around the historic site, as well as handrails.
- Site mostly accessible, except some areas within walls, via smooth grass, cobbles, and loose and compacted gravel paths. Wheelchairs are available to loan and there are no stairs on site. Some slopes and bumpy areas. Manual wheelchair users are advised to bring an assistant. Some low walls and occasional uneven surfaces.
- Disabled parking is located 8 metres from the entrance, please note there are uneven surfaces.
- There are accessible toilets on site.
- Assistance Dogs are welcomed on site. A water bowl is available on the grassed area outside the shop entrance.
- The Basilica remains are laid out in contrasting colours. The Education centre (may be booked in advance) has pottery, fabric and armour to touch. Bird song on site. Audio Tours and Braille Guides are available.
- Tour Transcripts are available.