Back in March, this year, we announced our partnership with Merlin Entertainment and that Access Card Holders could now use their Access Card as proof for a Ride Access Pass.*
We would like to provide you with a guide on how to apply for the Merlin Entertainment Ride Access Pass, which can be used at many different attractions, including, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Chessington World of Adventures Resort & Legoland Windsor Resort.
(Please note that you do not need to apply for a Ride Access Pass every time you visit a new attraction. The Ride Access Pass is valid for 2 years and will grant you access to each Merlin Entertainment attraction. Simply complete one application with a themepark of your choice.)
What is a Ride Access Pass?
“A Ride Access Pass is a virtual queuing system designed to make reasonable adjustments to assist guests who do not understand the concept of queuing, have a physical disability that prevents them standing for extended periods of time or permanently non-ambulant guests.”
Below is a guide on how to apply for a Ride Access Pass with Chessington World of Adventures Resort.**
If you choose to apply for a Ride Access Pass with Chessington World of Adventures, you can do so by following these simple steps.
Visitors are asked to pre-register for a Ride Access Pass before they plan to visit the Resort.
To apply via email
- You will need to send an email to Accessibility@chessington.co.uk
- Your email must include the following:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- The date of your first visit (when you will collect your pass)
- To support your application, you will be required to provide evidence of your disability. To do so, you can attach a scanned copy of your Access Card ((with the ‘Standing & Queuing’ symbol), along with a copy of valid Photo ID.
- After the Chessington World of Adventures Team has received your email, they will respond to confirm your eligibility within 7 days.
- You will then be provided with a link to register your details for your Ride Access ID Card online.
- Please follow the instructions and complete the form.
- You will then receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
- On the day of your visit, please bring along the Case Number that you will receive in your original email, and also the confirmation number from your application to collect your pass.
- Passes can be collected at Guest Help and Information in Adventure Point.
*The Access Card is not a prerequisite for obtaining a Ride Access Pass and other reasonable adjustments.. Visitors can apply directly to Merlin Entertainment to be processed within their internal registration scheme.
The Access Card is an alternative form of documentation used to communicate a disabled person’s access requirements. With an Access Card, disabled people are able to communicate their access requirements in a more simplified and discrete way, removing the need to present personal or sensitive documentation when visiting over 1,000 different venues and attractions across the UK and beyond.
**Due to the current COVID climate, we cannot guarantee that the information provided in this guide will not be subject to change. If in doubt, please contact the individual venues directly using the contact details on our listing pages by following the links above.
Apply for your Access Card today at: