Alton Towers Resort
"Alton Towers Resort is an amusement park in Staffordshire, England, near the village of Alton, which is operated by Merlin Entertainments Group and incorporates a theme park, water park, spa, mini golf and hotel complex. Originally a private estate, Alton Towers grounds opened to the public in 1860 to raise funds. "
Farley Ln Alton Stoke-on-Trent West Midlands ST10 4DB United Kingdom
Access Card notes
An Access Card (with either the symbol Standing and Queuing or Level Access) or Merlin Ride Access Pass Registration ID can be used to claim a Ride Access Pass from Merlin. An Access card with a +1 /+2 symbol can be used on the day to claim free carer tickets to enter the park. It can also be used when applying for a Merlin Annual Carer Passes.
A free registration is available at this venue as an alternative to an Access Card. Please use the link below to begin your application. Please note, if you already have an Access Card, you don't need to apply again. Simply provide your name and Access Card ID number to the venue. Click here to start your registration
- If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass.
- For guests using wheelchairs, please use the gates between the turnstiles as this is a wider access point. A limited number of wheelchairs are available for hire from the Resort Box Office on a first come, first served basis. A £20 refundable deposit is required and a rental charge of £10 applies to guests who cannot show documentation confirming their eligibility. Before any of our attractions receive the all clear to begin their ride, they must meet strict safety measures. Some of these measures include a minimum closed position in restraints and seat belts. For more information, please visit our website.
- All toilets across the Resort have access for guests with wheelchairs or additional needs and can be seen on the map. We are also proud to have 'Changing Places' on the Theme Park located at X-Sector as well as a slightly smaller 'Space to Change' located in Fountain Square (situated near our Woodcutter's Bar and Grill in the Dark Forest), both are situated by the main toilet block and they can be seen on the map. For more information, please visit our website.
- Assistance/guide dogs are welcome in the Theme Park but unfortunately, they will not be able to accompany guests onto any of the rides.
- Access Cards with +1 accepted as proof for a free companion ticket.
- At Admissions, we have a mobile unit which can be used at any kiosk or window. If you or anyone in your party need to use this facility, please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to assist.
- We offer a small number of ear defenders for children and adults that can be hired on the day from the Resort Box Office for a £20 refundable deposit. The children's ear defenders are suitable for children from 6 months up to 16 years of age. Please be aware that we have several photo opportunities across the Resort. For a full list of rides that have on-ride photography, which will include flash, please visit our website.