York's Chocolate Story
"York's Chocolate Story is a visitor attraction and chocolate museum on King's Square, in York. Opened in March 2012, it shows the history of chocolate making in York, including the Rowntree's factory which opened in 1890, owned since 1988 by Nestlé. The attraction is located in the centre of York, in King's Square."
3-4 Kings Square York Yorkshire and the Humber YO1 7LD United Kingdom
- The majority of guests will stand throughout the tour however there are a number of chairs in each room which are available for those guests who need them. Guests are advised to make the tour guide aware at the start of the tour of any issues with standing.
- Guests in wheelchairs are able to access all areas of York's Chocolate Story. A lift is used to access all floors. Guests should be aware that there are a number of steps within the experience, these are used for descending only but should you or your party not be able to manage stairs please alert your guide and you may use the lift. In the event of a fire alarm activation, the lift will not be available for use. As such, York's Chocolate Story can only accommodate a maximum of 2 wheelchair users per floor at any one time to ensure the safe evacuation of all guests. If you pre-book a visit, please inform the attraction if you have a wheelchair user in your group. The café and shop are situated on the ground floor of the attraction and are easily accessible from King's Square. For more information, please visit the attraction's website.
- Disabled badge holders can park on the yellow lines on Goodramgate or Colliergate for a maximum of 3 hours at any time of day. In order to do this you will need a valid disabled blue badge with a time clock to show the time of arrival. If you require more than 3 hours of parking the nearest car park is on Bootham Row, you can park here for free with no time limit.
- There is an accessible toilet available.
- Dogs are not permitted into the Attraction except for working assistance dogs, if you wish to visit with an assistance dog please arrange it with us in advance of your visit by calling 01904 261262.
- Our leaflet is available in large print format on request.
- Guests who have allergies are warned that the chocolate products which we make in the Attraction are produced in an environment where nuts may be present. Nut free, dairy free and gluten free chocolate is available on request, just ask your guide for details.